Welcome to the website of United Steelworkers Local 1155L, representing the workers of Bridgestone Americas at Warren county Tennessee.
- Photos: 3–11–14 Living Wage Jobs Rally — Here at home, the threat from big money in politics remains. The General Assembly has already passed laws attacking our voting and other democratic rights; now they are proposing to outlaw picketing and campaigns that bring community pressure to bad businesses. And we’re still struggling towards
- Targeting Unions in Tennessee — Please call your state representatives today! Two of the anti-union bills, House Bill 1687 and 1688, are scheduled for a hearing today. These bad bills: • Attempt to regulate activities like peaceful picketing that are protected under federal law and OUTSIDE the jurisdiction of the State of Tenne
- Know Your Rights: Weingarten Rights — The rights of employees to have present a union representative during investigatory interviews were announced by the U.S. Supreme Court in a 1975 case (NLRB vs. Weingarten, Inc. 420 U.S. 251, 88 LRRM 2689). These rights have become known as the Weingarten rights. Employees have Weingarten rights
- Save Ohio Jobs! — Over 1,000 jobs at Ormet, a massive aluminum smelter along the banks of the Ohio River, are at risk of being lost.
- Bayard Rustin and the Presidential Medal of Freedom: A Perfect Fit — Bayard Rustin and the Presidential Medal of Freedom: A Perfect Fit By Norman and Velma Hill In August, President Barack Obama chose civil rights leader Bayard Rustin to posthumously receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom. This recognition is long overdue. While the achievements of fellow recipie